Adapted from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam.
Makes 16 scones.
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I chopped E. Guittard 72% cacao chocolate wafers.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Drop batter in scant 1/4 cupfuls (I used a large cookie scoop), two inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the scones cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Serve with a cup of tea or coffee for a special treat. Or share with your children, if you must...
Happy Birthday to Me!
Check for Paleo eBook