No holiday dinner is complete without a little dessert. This mousse finishes the Thanksgiving extravaganza off nicely with just enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth: Pumpkin Mousse.
If you want to download this to your computer, here’s a PDF of it: Pumpkin Mousse
This makes about 6 ramekins like you see in the pictures above. Adjust accordingly depending on the size of your crowd.
Ingredients:1 can coconut milk
1 c pumpkin puree (made from scratch or canned)
1 tsp vanilla
½ c honey
1 tbsp arrowroot
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Oil 6 ramekins or coffee mugs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Mix arrowroot, spices and salt. Slowly blend dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Pour batter into ramekins, about ¾ cup for each ramekin. Place ramekins into a 9×13-inch baking dish and add enough warm water until it reaches halfway up the outsides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. When done, custard should be firm with lightly browned tops. Cool on wire rack.
Read aboutHealth and ContraceptionCheck for Paleo eBook