sushi-grade wild ahi tuna steaks
freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
1 tsp prepared wasabi (water and wasabi powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast coconut in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While coconut toasts, thinly slice green onions.
- Prepare wasabi mayonnaise by combining mayonnaise, wasabi, lime, and salt.
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet or griddle set to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse tuna and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tuna fillets on surface and cook for 45 seconds. Flip the tuna and continue to cook for 45 seconds or until the tuna reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- To serve, plate each tuna steak, sprinkle with coconut and onions and then drizzle with wasabi mayonnaise.
Sesame Seared Tuna with Lime Ginger Vinaigrette
Check for Paleo eBook