1 medium fennel bulb with stalks
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
4 6 oz yellowtail snapper fillets (or another firm fish)
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp fresh rosemary or your favorite herb (optional)
- Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving 2 Tbsp juice.
- Thinly slice fennel bulb (by hand or with a mandoline); chop 1 tsp fronds. Discard stalks.
- Place orange sections and sliced fennel in a medium bowl.
- Combine reserved juice, fronds, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle juice mixture over fennel mixture; toss well to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with fennel salad.
Wild Salmon with Asparagus
Check for Paleo eBook