Serves 1 (easily scaleable)
1 acorn squash
two eggs, lightly beaten
1 sausage, cooked and sliced (I used turkey Italian, but any type will do.)
1/4 cup grilled onions, chopped
1/4 cup roasted broccoli, chopped
2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
coconut oil, olive oil, or bacon fat
Bacon racked for the oven
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out and discard seeds, and cut a little slice off each end so that it sits flat in a shallow baking dish.
- Rub squash inside and out with coconut oil, olive oil, or rendered bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Place in shallow baking dish and roast in oven, center sides up, until fork tender; 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- While squash is roasting, roast bacon on a rack set in a jelly roll pan. It should take about 20 - 30 minutes to get it nice and crispy. Remove and chop.
- Season and saute scrambled eggs over medium heat until set.
- Combine sausage and veggies.
- Fill one half of squash with eggs and top with veggies. Garnish with chopped bacon.
- Reserve other half of squash for breakfast. Scoop out the inside, warm it up, and mix with a little coconut milk, almond butter, cinnamon, and honey or maple syrup (recipe posted separately).
Easy BBQ Ribs
Check for Paleo eBook