4 cups diced butternut squash
2 cups broccoli cut into one-inch lengths
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp fennel seeds or ground fennel
freshly ground black pepper
4 stalks of fresh oregano leaves
1 small bunch fresh chives, chopped (optional)
1 pound natural, nitrate-free spicy Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Warm coconut oil in a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven until melted.
- Carefully remove the pan and add squash, broccoli, and seasonings. Toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until squash and broccoli are tender.
- While veggies cook, saute sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat, if necessary.
- Remove cooked veggies from oven, discard oregano, and add to sausage. Saute for 1-2 minutes more, stirring gently to combine.
- Serve in shallow bowls garnished with chives, if desired.
Pulled Pork Tostadas
Check for Paleo eBook