Adapted from Cooking Light.
1 pound skinless center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, divided
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 bunch fresh tarragon leaves, washed and dried
1 medium shallot, quartered
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp raw organic honey (optional)
4 cups arugula leaves
1 small or 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling on burgers
- Place 1/4 pound salmon, 1 Tbsp mustard, and rind in food processor; process until smooth. Spoon puree into a large bowl.
- Place tarragon leaves in processor and pulse until finely chopped. Remove from processor and add to the large bowl. Repeat the process with the shallots.
- Place remaining 3/4 pound salmon in food processor and pulse about 6 times or until it is coarsely chopped.
- Fold chopped salmon, tarragon, shallots, salt, and pepper into puree.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts and shape each portion into a 1/2-inch thick patty. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
- Combine remaining 1 Tbsp mustard and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine arugula, onion, lemon juice, and oil in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Before grilling, drizzle each side of burgers with olive oil, using your fingers to coat. Place patties on a grill rack. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- To serve, divide arugula salad evenly on 4 plates. Place a burger on top of each salad and drizzle the with honey mustard.
Roasted Salmon with Red Onion and Fennel
Check for Paleo eBook