I love flank steak. It's simple to prepare and easily makes enough for the whole family--or leftovers for salad the next day. This marinade includes fresh rosemary and chives from my garden. You can modify the recipe to include whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. The rosemary adds a really nice, yet subtle flavor, but the olive oil, balsamic, Dijon mixture is a great base for any herb combination. Marinate overnight for the most tender and flavorful meat.
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
1 small bunch chives, chopped (about 2 Tbsp)
freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 lb flank steak, scored diagonally in a diamond pattern on both sides
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Place oil, vinegar, mustard, and herbs in a resealable plastic bag. Mix by massaging with your hands or shaking marinade in the sealed bag.
- Add steak. Seal the bag, being careful to release all of the extra air before sealing. Toss steak with the marinade and refrigerate overnight. Flip the bag over in the morning to ensure both sides if of the steak are coated in marinade.
- When ready to eat, preheat grill to medium high. Grill steak to desired degree of doneness.
- Let steak rest, covered loosely with foil, for 5-10 minutes.
Grilled NY Strips
Check for Paleo eBook