- 1lb tilapia
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1 bundle cilantro, stems removed
- ½ 7oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- roughly 7-8 tablespoons olive oil (I really have no idea because I just poured)
- Ok let’s get set up and ready to go. Season your fish on both sides with 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. You’ll cook this later so set aside.
- Now start roasting your garlic. Get a deep pan and toss in a ton of olive oil along with your garlic cloves over medium heat. Let those garlic cloves roast, tossing them often so they do not burn. After about 6 minutes or so, they should be soft to the poke and roasted to garlic perfection.
- When your garlic cloves are done roasting, add the cloves along with your cilantro, roasted red peppers, and blanched almonds to a food processor. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, slowly start pouring in around 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt, pepper, and onion powder until you get the right consistency and flavor. Think pesto consistency. That’s why it’s in the title.
- Now let’s cook your chopped veggies. Use the pan you roasted your garlic in. Genius. You may have to remove some excess fat but NBD (no big deal, duh). Add your veggies to the pan, toss with a bit of salt and pepper and add HALF of your garlic red pepper pesto to the veggies. Cover, place on low heat, and let simmer for 7-9 minutes until veggies are soft.
- While the veggies finish cooking, cook your fish. Add just a little olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and cook the tilapia for 3 minutes per side.
- Once fish is done cooking, add veggies to a plate, top with your tilapia and add a bit more of the leftover garlic red pepper pesto on top of the fish. I topped everything off with avocado but I do that with everything. EVERYTHING. Seriously.
Sweet Chili Lime Shrimp and Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Check for Paleo eBook