I stumbled upon this recipe while perusing the web one day. The original recipe called for a lot of honey. I decided to make them my own way. They definately didn't last long! Although I kept them in the fridge, and you should too. They would be fine for a day or two in your purse, while traveling.
Paleo Power Bars
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup seeds of choice. Sunflower,Pumpkin,Flax,Chia.
- 1/4 cup UNsweetened dried berries, Chopped. I used unsweetened baked dried cherries.
- 1/2 cup assorted nuts, Chopped. Almonds,Macs,Cashew,Pastaschio.
- 1/4 cup unsweeetened coconut flakes
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Or Chocolate Protein Powder.
- 1 T Raw Honey
- 10-15 drops Liquid Steva
- Cookie Sheet Lined with parchement paper
- If you want to you could add chocoloate chips, Extra Dark, and this could be a dessert, or Make coconut milk Ice cream and crumble these bars on top!
In another pan melt coconut oil and coconut milk, On low.
Mix together, Remove from heat and place in a Large bowl
Pour in protein powder, berries, seeds, nuts and SMOOSH all together
Spread out evenly on cookie sheet and refridgerate
These are perfect for an on the go snack, or a pre-workout snack.
Using Modern Technology in a Paleo Lifestyle
How Can We Prevent Breast Cancer?
Synthetic vs Natural Vitamins