Adapted from dashingdish.com.
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
3 or 4 medium-to-large zucchini squash
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, divided (I used Gabriel's marinara.)
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain all but about 1 Tbsp fat.
- Add onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute until onion turns translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce and basil. Stir to combine.
- While preparing sauce, halve zucchinis lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Place zucchini boats on a large, rimmed baking sheet. If the zucchini doesn't lie flat, cut a thin piece off of the bottom to allow it to lie flat.
- Fill zucchini boats with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with black olives and drizzle with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Hazelnut Crusted Chicken
Check for Paleo eBook