Adapted from doortodoororganics.com.
1 cup sugar snap peas
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
16 stalks asparagus, tough ends removed, cut in half crosswise
1 leek, white and green parts only, sliced in to rings and rinsed well
4 pieces 15 inch x 15 inch parchment paper
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Top oranges with salmon, then
sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme.
Seal packets by folding the
center and then rolling in the sides.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fold each piece of parchment in half, then re-open.
- Slice orange very thin. Divide orange slices evenly among parchment, making a bed in the center, near the crease.
- Top each bed of oranges with a salmon fillet, then season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Divide leeks, sugar snap peas, and asparagus evenly over salmon.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I like a lot of vinegar on mine, but you can drizzle according to your taste.
- Fold paper into a pouch that is as airtight as possible. The salmon and veggies will steam in the pouch while absorbing a delicate orange flavor.
- Place pouches on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- To serve, place one packet on each plate and let your diners carefully reveal their delicious meal.
Check for Paleo eBook