Adapted from www.thekitchn.com.
Makes about 2 quarts.
1/2 ounce dried gourmet mushrooms
1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp grass-fed butter
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, washed and chopped
5 cups + 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock, divided
1-2 tsp sea salt
1-4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 small sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl.
- Boil water and 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Pour water over dried mushrooms and let them sit for 20-30 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Warm butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Reduce heat to low, add garlic, and continue to cook for 8 minutes.
- Add baby bella mushrooms and stir to coat. Let sweat together with the onions and garlic for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add stock, reserved mushroom steeping liquid, and rosemary. Simmer over low heat for one hour. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With a stick blender, puree contents of the pan. You can also enjoy it as is, without pureeing.
Curried Pork and Pepper Soup
Check for Paleo eBook