Active time: 20 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings, about 1 ¼ cups each)
3 tsp coconut or olive oil
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp minced fresh ginger (jarred is fine)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 12-oz bag shredded mixed vegetables, such as “rainbow salad” or “broccoli slaw”
½ lb pork tenderloin, sliced very thin
1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce (recipe on next page)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring gently, until set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add pork, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until pork is no longer pink and other ingredients are softened and fragrant, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add shredded vegetables, half the sliced scallions, coconut aminos, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved eggs, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining scallions. Remove from heat.
Adapted from http://primitivefamily.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/homemade-hoisin-sauce/
3/4 cup wheat-free tamari
1/3 cup of nut butter (e.g., almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, etc.)
3 tbsps. raw honey (if using raw honey you might use a little less) or grade b maple syrup
2 tbsps. white vinegar
2 tbsps. dark sesame oil
1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4-1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. hot sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Warm raw honey, if
needed, to help blend. Store in the fridge, warming and remixing upon
Overnight Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Check for Paleo eBook