2 onions, peeled, halved crosswise, and thinly sliced with the grain
1/2 cup unsulfered dried apricots, sliced lengthwise into strips
2 Tbsp pastured butter, divided
6 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/4 inch slices
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup parsley, minced
juice of 1 lemon (2 Tbsp)
1 pound beef liver, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- Warm 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet (I use cast iron) over medium heat. Add onions and apricots. Cook for 20 minutes or until onions begin to turn light brown, stirring occasionally. Do not turn the heat up too high or the onions will burn.
- While the onions cook, chop the parsley and garlic, and juice the lemon. Lastly, slice the liver. I used a super slicer knife to slice the liver--just be sure your knife is sharp.
- Season liver liberally with salt and pepper.
- When onions are done, transfer them to a bowl. Increase heat to medium high. Add 1 Tbsp butter, then add liver slices and garlic to pan. Sear for one minute undisturbed, then use tongs to turn. Add bacon pieces and sear the second side of the liver for one minute.
- Add bacon slices and onion mixture to pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook the meat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Read aboutInside-Out Burger
Check for Paleo eBook