Ingredients (makes 10+ cabbage rolls)
- 1 Tbs coconut or olive oil
- 2 lbs ground meat (we use lamb)
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped in food processor)
- 3 - 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 med. onion (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Shortcut: Use your favorite all-natural jarred sauce. We use Gabriel’s
- marinara (http://twitter.com/GabrielsBrand).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pulse onion (that you've cut into large chunks) and garlic in food processor until diced. Blot or drain slightly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and herbs and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until onions start to soften. Remove from heat.
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it is a rice-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, almond flour, egg, and garlic powder. Add in onion mixture and cauliflower and mix well. (Hands are your best tool here.)
- Separate, rinse and dry all of the cabbage leaves
- Line two large casserole dishes each with two large outer cabbage leaves. This will insulate your cabbage rolls when cooking and prevent them from burning.
- Take another cabbage leaf and lay it down flat.
- Add 1/2 -3/4 cup of the meat filling to the center of the cabbage leaf. Starting at the stem end, begin to roll while tucking in both sides. Place it in the casserole dish, seam-side down.
- Repeat with the other cabbage leaves - you should end up with about 10-12 large rolls.
- Pour the tomato sauce evenly over top of your cabbage rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
Lamb Kabobs with Mint Chimichurri
Check for Paleo eBook