Makes 2 large inside-out burgers and 2 plain child-size sliders.
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp sweet potato puree
2 Tbsp caramelized onions
1 apple, sliced crosswise, core removed
2 handfuls of salad greens
Place 1 Tbsp each topping in
the center of two patties.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place all burger ingredients in a medium bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly combine without compacting the meat too much.
- Divide the burger into 4 equal-sized portions. Remove one quarter and form into two small patties. Drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Divide the remaining mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten with your hands to about 1/4 inch. Add 1 Tbsp sweet potato and 1 Tbsp caramelized onion in the center of two of the patties. Top each with a patty and pinch the ends together. Gently compress the stuffed burgers with the palm of your hand. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the burgers reach your desired degree of doneness. Grill 2 apple slices about 1 minute on each side.
- To serve, divide salad greens evenly between 2 plates. Top each with a stuffed burger and apple slice. Place the smaller burgers and raw apple slices on 2 additional plates for the kids!
Grass-Fed Burgers with Crispy Onions and Curry Mayo
Check for Paleo eBook