1 pound wild whitefish fillets
2 Tbsp raw honey, liquified
zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1/2 large orange)
freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Place fish in a large glass baking dish.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Pour over fish.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, place fish in pan. (Reserve marinade.) Cook for about 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Carefully flip the fish and continue cooking until done, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove and keep warm until all of the fish is done.
- While fish cooks, transfer marinade to a small sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide fish evenly among plates, drizzle with marinade, and garnish with orange zest. Great served with braised collard greens with bacon.
Herbed Shrimp Skewers with Basil Mayonnaise
Check for Paleo eBook