1 flank steak, about 1.5 pounds
4 cups cleaned hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, cut into medium pieces (or substitute chanterelle or another type of mushroom)
8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup coconut aminos
4 Tbsp coconut or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
coconut or olive oil
Hen of the woods mushrooms are
typically found on oak trees.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Combine garlic, aminos, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Place steak in a large baking dish and pour half of the marinade over steak, turning to evenly coat.
- Warm about 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for about 10 minutes. Add the other 1/2 of the marinade to the mushrooms, reduce heat to medium, and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
- While mushrooms cook, grill steak to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes on each side for grass-fed beef. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thin and serve alongside mushrooms.
Mango Avocado Salsa
Check for Paleo eBook