Makes about 4 cups.
Adapted from foodnetwork.com.
6 ripe avocados
3 limes, juiced
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove
1 serrano chile, seeded
1 big handful of fresh cilantro, with stems (about 1/2 cup)
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
- Halve and pit the avocados. With a spoon, scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them a bit chunky.
- Pulse onion, garlic, chile, and cilantro in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add onion mixture and lime juice to avocado, stirring gently to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and mix again to finish.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole so it doesn't brown.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
Check for Paleo eBook