Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 33 mins
- 12 whole eggs, whisked
- 6-8oz of salmon (or more. don’t be shy.)
- bundle of asparagus, ends cut off
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used olive oil)
- aluminum foil, for the grill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Light that grill of yours!
- Whisk your eggs in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper your salmon and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place asparagus spears on a separate piece of aluminum foil and pour a tablespoon of fat over the spears and then top with salt and pepper.
- Place both pieces of aluminum foil on the grill to cook.
- Flip both the spears (just move them around a bit) and salmon after about 4-6 minutes to cook on other side.
- Do not light aluminum foil on fire.
- Once the food is cooked, let cool for just a second then roughly chop your salmon and asparagus. I cut the asparagus into thirds then tour apart the salmon with my bare hands. MY BARE HANDS.
- Throw into your bowl of whisked eggs, then add your garlic and onion powder, and thyme and basil, and top it all off with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until middle of frittata is completely cooked through.
- Serve with something on top, like an avocado. Effin delish.
If you don’t have a grill, just cooked your asparagus and salmon on the stove top. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, cook in a greased glass baking dish.
Grilled Swordfish with Peach and Avocado Salsa
Check for Paleo eBook