Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com.
2 pounds mixed gourmet mushrooms (I used portobello, cremini, and trumpet)
1/2 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
4 large shallots, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 Tbsp grass-fed butter
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbsp)
1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Clean mushrooms by brushing off any dirt and then rinsing in a colander under cool water. Pat dry, then rinse and discard the stems.
- Slice small mushrooms and cut large mushrooms into a 1/2-ich dice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter to pan. When melted, add mushrooms and toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cool for 2 more minutes.
- Add parsley and gently toss to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Sauerkraut Grilled Onions
Check for Paleo eBook