This is my husband's specialty. He has made this recipe several times and it just keeps getting better. At this time of year when tomatoes are plentiful, it's a great way to enjoy tomatoes that are still green on the vine. Frost is not far off, so enjoy this treat while you can!
2 eggs, beaten
2 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 to 1 cup almond flour/meal
freshly ground black pepper
- Season tomato slices with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place eggs in a small bowl, add a little salt and pepper. Place almond flour in a shallow plate or baking dish.
- One by one, dip tomato slices first in egg, then in almond flour. Add more almond flour, as needed.
- Warm 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a heavy skillet.
- Fry tomatoes in a single layer for 3-5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Add more coconut oil, as needed.
Buttery Turnip Puree
Check for Paleo eBook