Total time: 15 mins
For the salad
- 2 cups arugula (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 10-12 shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First you need to prepare all your ingredients. I already bought my shrimp precooked and chilled so they were ready to go. If not, cook your shrimp as desired and place in fridge to cool.
- Place your 2 eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook for 15 minutes then place under cold water to cool, then peel and dice.
- Cook your bacon on both sides, place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess fat then dice.
- Dice up you cucumber and peach.
- Place arugula in the bottom of a wide, shallow bowl, then top with cucumber, peach, shrimp, bacon, and eggs in any order.
- Now make your dressing.
- Add avocado to your food processor then while the food processor is still running, add your olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add your water to the food processor until you get the consistency you prefer for dressing. The more water you add, the more runny your dressing will be. The choice is yours. Lucky you.
*I had leftover dressing that I stored in an air tight container in the fridge and used the next day! *This was a pretty big salad so I ate it for two meals, but you can eat it all to yourself for one. That means you’re a badass.
Simple Herb Crusted Salmon
Check for Paleo eBook