Cooking notes: We use a silicon muffin tray, which is great for removing baked muffins easily. You can use individual cases or a standard muffin tray. The halloumi cheese can be replaced with mushrooms or red peppers if you’re avoiding dairy completely.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of diced salami
- 2/3 cup of diced halloumi cheese (look for sheep’s or goat’s milk varieties)
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Some cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sautee onion in olive oil until soft and golden. Remove from a frying pan to a container.
- Pan fry halloumi cheese on both sides until goden brown crust forms. Remove to the same container as the onion.
- Add diced salami to the mix and set aside until cooking time.
- If you’re preparing the muffin filling the same morning as baking, turn the oven on before you start frying the onion. Otherwise, pre-heat the oven to 170C when you get up in the morning.
- Whisk 6 eggs together. Spray baking muffin moulds with olive oil or rub some coconut oil or ghee on the sides and bottom. Divide the salami and halloumi filling between 6 moulds. Pour in equal amounts of whisked eggs and stir each muffin case with a fork. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake at 170C for about 20-25 minutes or until the muffins have risen and firmed up on the top.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of servings: 3
Green Beans with Sage & Almond Burnt Butter
Check for Paleo eBook