Adapted from www.rachaelraymag.com.
1 1 1/2- to 2-pound flank steak
3 Tbsp softened grass-fed butter
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp sweet smoked paprika
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt plus a dash for the butter
freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine butter and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Cut a shallow 1-inch grid pattern in the top and bottom of steak with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut through the steak. This step is optional but does help to infuse the flavor.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, olive oil, chili powder, mustard, dried basil, thyme, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Rub mixture into both sides of flank steak.
- Grill right away or let steak marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes to absorb flavors.
- Grill steak to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes on each side. Let steak rest, under loosely tented foil, for 3-5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
- Serve with beet and peach salad or your favorite vegetable side.
Check for Paleo eBook