2 cups extra virgin olive oil
4 medium yellow onions
Be sure not to over-crowd onions.
- Thinly slice onions using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Place one onion ring in the pan and watch for it to sizzle.
- Once it sizzles, place enough onions in the pan to cover the top, but do not overcrowd or the onions will not cook evenly.
- Fry the onions until just light brown, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set on paper towels to drain. (The onions will crisp while cooling.) Working in batches, repeat process for the rest of the onions.
Check for Paleo eBook