1 very small or half medium-large head cabbage, sliced thin (use mandoline or food processor)
1/2 medium Granny Smith apple
2 carrots, shredded
4 green onions, sliced thin (white and green parts)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, roasted (if you only have roasted, salted seeds on hand, omit any extra salt when seasoning)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg.)
1/2 to 1 cup paleo mayonnaise
1 tsp ground mustard
freshly ground black pepper (optional)
sea salt (optional)
- Shred cabbage, apple, and carrot in food processor or using mandoline, or the old fashioned way with a good knife (it will just take longer). Squeeze dry with a paper towel and add to a large bowl.
- Add green onions and sunflower seeds and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over cabbage mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more to let the flavors combine and the cabbage wilt.
Simple Cole Slaw
Check for Paleo eBook