Adapted from paleohealing.wordpress.com.
1 pound skinless cod fillets
2 cups carrots, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (1/2-3/4 pounds)
5 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 pound)
sesame seeds, optional
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp fish sauce
hot sauce, to taste
Layer broccoli and carrots in the bottom.Place fish in the top steamer tray.
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Set a bamboo steamer basket in a large skillet filled with about one inch of water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place broccoli and carrots in the bottom rack. Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add fish on top rack and continue to steam for 5-7 more minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss gently to coat. Transfer to individual serving bowls garnish with sesame seeds, and serve with additional coconut aminos, if desired.
Mild and Spicy Fish
Check for Paleo eBook