with a garbage salad.
The dressing is easy though, and well worth it! Unless you know you will go through the entire salad in one sitting, I suggest dressing each plate individually and then tossing thoroughly. That way the leftovers won’t get soggy and go to waste. I am a huge fan of Rick Tramonto, so here’s my tribute to his salad.
Adapted from Steak with Friends, at home, with Rick Tramonto.
Serves 6 as a meal, 10 as a side; can easily be halved.
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 bunch thinly sliced radishes
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 roasted yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 large or 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 oz salumi (such as finocchiona, Calabrese, or sopressata), thinly sliced and julienned
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 pepperocini or banana peppers, sliced
- ½ cup macadamia nut pieces (or another nut of your choice)
- freshly ground black pepper
- flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Tramonto’s House Dressing
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together lettuces, cucmber, radishes, red and yellow peppers, celery, tomatoes, and onion.
- Add salumi and toss to mix.
- Add olives, pepperocini (or banana peppers), and macadamias and toss again.
- Spoon dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and freshly ground pepper.
Chicken Chopped Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Check for Paleo eBook