Makes about 2 cups.
Adapted from Jen's Gone Paleo.
1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup finely chopped mint
1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
2 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (I used food processor)
sea salt, to taste
Process cauliflower until it
looks like couscous.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles couscous.
- Spoon cauliflower into a rimmed baking sheet and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Spread the mixture evenly over the pan.
- Transfer to the oven and prop the door open slightly with a folded towel to allow steam to release.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until slightly toasted (or cooked through), stirring every 10 minutes. Yours may lightly brown, mine did not, but was still done.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare vinaigrette by placing all ingredients in small mason jar or other lidded container and shaking to combine. I use a salad dressing shaker for mine.
- Toss cooled cauliflower with mint, parsley, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
Check for Paleo eBook