Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
For the cupcakes
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add dates to your food processor and mix until the dates become a large sticky ball.
- Place all wet ingredients in the food processor with dates: coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs and egg whites and pulse until everything in the food processor is completely liquid.
- Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well then add your wet ingredients from the food processor to the dry ingredients bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop cupcake ingredients into your silicone or paper lined muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke a cupcake. (Cupcake batter should not be super runny)
- While the cupcakes bake, make your frosting.
- Add your frosting ingredients to a bowl and place in microwave and cook for 30 seconds. Then use a spoon to mix and help not let the chocolate burn. Add back to the microwave and cook for another 30 seconds then use a spoon to mix again. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes then use a fork to mash up the frosting and soften it up. I placed my frosting back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds just to soften in up to the right texture, but not melt the chocolate completely.
- Once your cupcakes are done cooking, let cool COMPLETELY.
- Frost your cupcakes to your liking then top with some mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips!
- Makes about 6-7 cupcakes
Roasted Grape Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
Check for Paleo eBook