Adapted from www.congocookbook.com.
4 fish fillets (I used salmon but anything will do.)
1 eggplant, peeled and diced
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped (or one can diced tomatoes)
one onion, diced
1 cup water
ground cayenne, crushed red pepper, or black pepper, to taste (1 used 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper and it gave some good heat; use less if you are not up to it.)
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place eggplant, tomatoes, onion, water, and spices in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, transfer mixture to food processor, and puree until smooth (or mash by hand).
- Spoon half of vegetable mixture in a large baking dish.
- Arrange fish on top, then pour remaining mixture over fish.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs with Broccoli
Check for Paleo eBook