Adapted from Food&Wine 2003 Annual Cookbook.
16 strips of nitrate-free bacon
4 trout fillets (the whole fish, minus the head), cut lengthwise into 8 fillets
freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 200 degrees and insert 4 oven-proof dinner plates.
- Season each fillet with pepper and wrap with 2 slices of bacon, securing each with a toothpick. If the bacon is too long, just trim it off and reserve for another use.
- Heat a large cast iron or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place 2 to 3 fillets, flesh side down and cook until bacon is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Flip the fish and cook an additional 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully transfer the cooked fish to the warm plates and continue cooking the raw fish, in batches, until done.
- Transfer to plates and serve with grilled asparagus or your favorite veggie side dish. Don't forget to use your oven mitts to transfer the plates to the table--they're hot!
Check for Paleo eBook
P.S.: With your purchase, in addition to the Paleo Recipe Book with over 370 easy paleo recipes, you will automatically get the Quick and Simple Paleo Meals cookbook, the 8 weeks meal plan, the herbs and spices guide and the Paleo Desserts cookbook for free. That’s a $70 value on its own, but today you don’t pay a single penny for it.
P.P.S.: The cookbook and bonuses are a downloadable eBook. No physical products will be shipped and you will get INSTANT ACCESS to the entire package to be viewed immediately on your PC, Mac or iPhone. The handy PDF format can be viewed on any device.