2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
1 pound nitrate-free bacon, roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
1 cup almond flour
2 eggs, slightly beaten
freshly ground black pepper
1-3 Tbsp hot sauce
1/2 cup paleo ketchup
Be sure to place a pan under your dish
to catch the bacon drips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add bacon to large skillet over medium high heat. Saute for 10-15 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp. Add onion and mushroom and saute for an additional 5-10 minutes or until onion starts to become translucent.
- In the meantime, crumble ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add egg and 1/2 cup almond flour, using your hands to combine.
- Combine paleo ketchup and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- When bacon mixture is ready, drain fat and add bacon, onion, and mushrooms to meat. Fold in using a wooden mixing spoon or your hands. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer meat to a large loaf pan. Pat it down gently and round the top a little bit.
- Pour ketchup mixture on top and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack. Place a large rimmed baking sheet underneath it.
- Bake for one hour or until cooked through.
- To serve, slice as you would bread. Serve on its own or with a green salad.
Check for Paleo eBook