Adapted from Food&Wine Magazine's 2002 Cookbook.
1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest (I use this microplane to zest. It works great!)
3/4 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined medium raw shrimp (wild, if possible)
2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup raw almonds, toasted and chopped
curried cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. When it begins to shimmer, add the chopped shallot; cook over medium heat until softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the jalapeno and lime zest, then add the coconut milk. Season generously with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Spoon the shrimp and sauce over curried cauliflower, sprinkle with the almonds, and serve.
Check for Paleo eBook