Adapted from The Galley Gourmet.
Serves 6 (main).
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp shallots
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp paleo mayonnaise
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, shallots, garlic, mustard, and mayonnaise. Process to combine.
- With the processor running, slowly add the oil in a steady stream to emulsify.
- The vinaigrette can be made and kept refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 bunch basil, thinly sliced
2 heads Romaine lettuce, julienned
5 oz dry Italian salame, julienned
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, halved, seeded, and diced
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut in 1/2 inch dice
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 - 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Roast butternut squash, tossed with melted coconut oil or olive oil, in a 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shredded chicken and basil with 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette.
- Arrange the lettuce on each serving plate, or on a large platter if serving family style.
- On top of the lettuce, arrange the chicken and basil mixture, salame, tomatoes, cucumber, squash, and avocado.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve, passing the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Paleo Caprese Salad
Check for Paleo eBook