Aly, my 8-year-old, came up with our dinner menu tonight. As my most reluctant eater, I was happy to see her trying SO hard to keep it paleo. We happily enjoyed a simple burger (ours adorned with bacon, grilled onion, and mashed avocado), steamed broccoli, and...banana! Dave and I subbed some fried green tomatoes for our side. This is a super kid-friendly, super easy, and super yummy meal. Enjoy!
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, mashed
1 onion, sliced and sauteed
4-8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
fried green tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place all burger ingredients in a medium bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly combine without compacting the meat too much.
- Form the burger into 4 equal-sized patties. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the burgers reach your desired degree of doneness.
- To serve, divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates and place a burger on top of each. Top each burger with bacon, avocado, and onions. Serve with steamed broccoli and fried green tomatoes.
Portobello Bacon Burgers with Celery Apple Slaw
Check for Paleo eBook