Adapted from urbanposer.blogspot.com.
Makes 16 three-inch pancakes.
1 1/2 cups almond flour (not almond meal)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 large pastured eggs, room temperature*
4-5 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh fruit, optional
*You can quickly bring whole eggs to room temperature by setting them in a bowl of very warm tap water for about 5 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, forming a well in the center with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 4 Tbsp coconut milk, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon. If the batter is dry, add 1 Tbsp coconut milk.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat cooking surface with coconut oil.
- Set griddle to 300 degrees or warm skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of batter onto prepared griddle. Repeat to make small pancakes.
- Cook 2 minutes on first side or until bubbles start forming around the edges.
- Flip and cook 1 minute on second side or until center is cooked through.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in a low oven (170 degrees F).
- Garnish with honey, pastured butter, and fresh fruit--or your favorite paleo toppings.
Baked Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
Check for Paleo eBook